HP Fury 16 G9 16" Overview
- 3The Workstation for Your Workflow
- 4Rich Display and Powerful Graphics
- 5VR Ready
- 6High Performance
- 7Immerse In Your Work
- 8High-Speed Connectivity
- 9Z Light Space, RGB Keyboard, and Ambient Lighting
- 10Keep Cool Under Any Workload
- 11Fast Wi-Fi
- 12Stay Connected
- 13Windows 11 Pro
HP ZBook Fury 16 G9 Buying Guide
Made for creatives pros, such as media creators, developers, and data scientists, the 16" ZBook Fury G9 Mobile Workstation from HP is well suited for advanced 3D, VR, and data science. Driven by an NVIDIA RTX A4500 graphics card, sharp and realistic visuals are produced on a 16" 1920 x 1200 display that covers 100% of the sRGB color gamut, so you'll get accurate color for highly detailed photorealistic visuals. 1TB of SSD storage provides fast data transfers, while external peripherals, displays, and power can be connected using the Thunderbolt 4 ports. Mobile data transfers may be accomplished using the built-in UHS-II SDXC card reader that supports SD Express. This configuration of the ZBook Fury is ideal for software that includes Autodesk Maya, the Unreal Engine, DaVinci Resolve, and more. The NVIDIA RTX A4500 will benefit workflows including real-time interactive work with larger 3D projects, AI and data science models, real-time photoreal rendering, ray tracing, inferencing, deep learning, and pro content creation.
The Workstation for Your Workflow
- Creative, Media & Entertainment Pros - Simultaneously animate motion graphics and render in real time or ingest and edit films with raw 8K footage via After Effects, Autodesk Flame, Cinema 4D, and Foundry Nuke.
- Product Designers & Engineers - Get blazing fast performance wherever you are for real-time rendering, 3D concepting, simulation, and more with SIMULIA, SOLIDWORKS, and AutoCAD.
- Architects, Engineers & Construction Managers - Bring your work with you and tackle 3D concepting, modeling, and AI enhanced simulation from anywhere using Bentley, Autodesk 3ds Max, and Revit.
- Data Scientists & Analysts - Simultaneously create complex visualizations and handle advanced algorithms with HP's most powerful ZBook and Anaconda, RAPIDS, and TensorFlow.
- Game & VR Developers - Get fully equipped for game development, with powerful graphics to 3D render an entire universe using Unity and Unreal.
Rich Display and Powerful Graphics
The 16" 1920 x 1200 resolution display is designed to deliver lifelike photos and videos with support for 100% of the sRGB color gamut. Equipped with NVIDIA RTX A4500 graphics and 16GB of GDDR6 video memory, this laptop can cut down on video and 3D rendering times while supporting advanced features such as real-time ray tracing for realistic lighting and shadows, artificial intelligence, and more.
Develop lifelike content with professional graphics and processor performance, and transform how you design, train, and collaborate. VR can be used for a wide range of applications, including gaming, where users can discover new details with hyper realistic visuals, and business, where creators will be able to innovate, design, test, and learn with a powerful line of devices. Furthermore, HP ExtendXR is a VR software management solution that makes setting up headsets faster, deploying and updating content smoother, and gaining insights accessible, no matter if you're deploying 50 or 5000 devices.
The 12th Gen Intel Core i9-12950HX 16-Core processor features eight Performance cores with a 5.0 GHz Max Turbo frequency to drive demanding applications while the eight Efficient cores handle background tasks and multitasking. The HP ZBook Fury 16 G9 also includes 32GB of 4800 MHz DDR5 memory and 1TB of M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD storage.
Immerse In Your Work
The 16:10 aspect ratio reduces the need to scroll by showing more vertical content than a 16:9 display. The aspect ratio of your work doesn't change - you can now see more of your project without minimizing program menus or toolbars.
- Each of the two Thunderbolt 4 ports allow you to transfer up to 40 Gb/s with compatible devices. Thunderbolt 4 is a hardware interface that utilizes the reversible USB Type-C connector and features a maximum throughput of 40 Gb/s when used with compatible devices. The connector also transmits data via USB4 at up to 20 Gb/s, and dual-bandwidth DisplayPort allows you to connect either one 8K monitor or up to two 4K displays simultaneously. Additionally, you can daisy chain up to six devices from a single Thunderbolt 4 port.
- Two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports are also available for connecting additional storage drives or other peripherals while maintaining transfer speeds up to 5 Gb/s.
- A UHS-II SDXC card reader is also available.
Z Light Space, RGB Keyboard, and Ambient Lighting
- Z Light Space - Personalize your laptop RGB lighting in one place. With Z Light Space software, you can customize your keyboard lighting and highlight specific keys with the RGB per-key LED backlighting.
- RGB Keyboard - The RGB keyboard with per-key LED backlighting lets you highlight the keys you use most in your software pro apps or games.
- Ambient Lighting - Fully control the lighting elements of your PC and supported accessories. With millions of colors to choose from you can personalize your space and optimize your lighting to complement colors in your project, match your mood, or get you in the zone to maximize productivity.
Keep Cool Under Any Workload
HP Vaporforce Thermals protect your workstation from overheating, so you can cut through your heaviest workloads with peak processing power.
- Vapor Chamber - The vapor chamber vaporizes liquid, facilitating heat transfer from the GPU and CPU and distributes it throughout the chamber for optimized cooling.
- Fans and Venting - Razor-thin curved metal fans and 2-sided venting make this our highest performing cooling solution to date.
- Power Distribution - BIOS-level innovations detect and distribute power to the relevant components according to which app is in use, for more efficient power consumption and distribution.
- HP Context Aware - Motion sensors in your PC recognize if your device is on a table or in your lap and optimize fan speed and power usage depending on where and how you're using your PC.
With custom application pre-sets for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Adobe After Effects, you can quickly and easily identify the keyboard shortcuts you use daily. Or, create your own.
Color Production Mode
When doing color critical work, quickly select and apply a pure white lighting preset to your device and peripherals so they aren't impacting your perception of colors on screen and you can accurately color grade your project.
Speakers custom tuned by Bang and Olufsen surround you in a rich sound space, so you hear music the way the audio engineers intended.
Built-in Wi-Fi 6E technology allows you to take advantage of the less congested 6 GHz band with compatible high-speed wireless networks, allowing you to quickly transfer files and watch streaming videos with less buffering.
Video chat with colleagues, clients, and friends with the 5MP HD webcam, AI-enhanced auto-framing, and noise-cancelling dual array digital microphones. A world-facing microphone is also included for easier group calls. Connect a headset to the 3.5mm audio jack or pair the system with a wireless Bluetooth device for added privacy.
HP Wolf Pro Security
- Antivirus: Deep learning AI detects emerging new threats and stops known malware.
- Credential Protection: Prevents credential theft by blocking phishing attacks that try to trick users into entering their passwords on fake websites.
- Threat Containment: Hardware-enforced threat containment isolates and contains malware attacks, preventing it from infecting the PC and the network.
- Cloud-Based Control: Manage the security and health of the business's entire fleet of PCs from the Wolf Security Controller.
Computers powered by Intel vPro are built for business with forward-looking features designed to help you navigate the future of security and empower your team to connect and collaborate more seamlessly. Intel vPro moves business forward, by helping you pivot and scale with amazing speed and flexibility, to capture more opportunities. Features include multi-layered security, remote management, and Intel Stable IT Platform Program (SIPP) support.
In addition to an integrated fingerprint reader, the HP ZBook Fury 16 G9 includes a Windows Hello compatible infrared camera that lets you log in with just a glance.
HP ZBook Fury G9 systems are built using ocean-bound plastics, recycled metals, and highly efficient EPEAT Gold power supplies. Their packaging is also 100% sustainably sourced to help reduce the amount of hazard materials in the environment.
Windows 11 Pro
Microsoft simplified the design and user experience with Windows 11. It has a modern, clean design with a new Start Menu position. Snap Layouts, Groups, and Desktops allow you to multitask with ease. Microsoft has also integrated some of their apps, such as Microsoft Teams. The redesigned Microsoft Store makes it easier to look for supported apps.
HP Fury 16 G9 16" Specs
|Operating System||Windows 11 Pro (64-Bit)|
|Processor||Intel Core i9-12950HX (12th Gen)|
|CPU||2.3 to 5 GHz Performance 8-Core 1.7 to 3.6 GHz Efficiency 8-Core|
|L3 Cache||30 MB|
|GPU||NVIDIA RTX A4500 with 16 GB GDDR6 VRAM|
|Memory Type||4800 MHz DDR5|
|Total Installed Memory||32 GB|
|Memory Configuration||2 x 16 GB (User-Replaceable)|
|Maximum Memory Capacity||128 GB|
|Memory Slot Type||262-Pin SO-DIMM|
|Memory Slots||4 (2 Available)|
|Panel Type||IPS-Type LCD|
|Resolution||1920 x 1200|
|Finish||Anti-Glare / Matte|
|Maximum Brightness||400 cd/m2|
|Color Gamut||100% sRGB|
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz|
|Variable Refresh Technology||None|
|Viewing Angle (H x V)||178 x 178°|
Storage and Expansion
|SSD Slots||1 x M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4 (In Use) 3 x M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 x4 (Available)|
|Total Installed Capacity||1 TB|
|Solid State Storage||1 x 1 TB M.2 NVMe PCIe|
|Ports||2 x USB Type-A (USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1)|
|USB Type-C||2 x Thunderbolt 4 (Supports DisplayPort and Power Delivery)|
|Display||1 x HDMI 2.1 1 x Mini DisplayPort 2.0|
|Audio||1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm Headphone/Microphone Input/Output|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (SD Express)|
|Ethernet||1 x RJ45 (Gigabit)|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 6E (802.11ax); Tri-Band (2.4, 5, & 6 GHz)|
|MU-MIMO Support||2 x 2|
|Webcam||User-Facing: 5 MP (720p)|
|Battery Chemistry||Lithium-Ion Polymer (LiPo)|
|Capacity||8-Cell: 95 Wh|
|Estimated Battery Life||15.5 Hours|
Keyboard & Mouse
|Keyboard||Notebook Keyboard with Backlight, Number Pad|
|Security||Dedicated Hardware TPM Security Chip, Facial Recognition, Fingerprint Reader, Nano Security Lock Slot, Power-On Password, Webcam Blocker|
|Power Supply||230 W with Barrel/Proprietary|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 95°F / 0 to 35°C|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 90%|
|Certifications||UL, CSA, FCC, ENERGY STAR, EPEAT GOLD, ICES, A-TICK, CCC, VCCI, Kcc, BSMI, CE, MIL-STD 810H, EAC, ICCP, SABS *as per Manufacturer|
|Dimensions||14.3 x 9.8 x 1.09" / 36.3 x 25 x 2.77 cm|
|Weight||5.38 lb / 2.44 kg|
|Package Weight||8.43 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||21.7 x 13.6 x 2.7"|